Where to Publish?
Wondering where to submit your article? These links may help you decide.
Is the journal indexed in Medline?
- Journal Selection for Medline - Fact sheet from National Library of Medicine describing how the decision to index a medical or biomedical journal in Medline is made.
- List of Journals Indexed for Medline - From the National Library of Medicine.
Is this journal considered "predatory"
Librarian Jeffrey Beall's analysis of open access publishing is no longer being published. The site was archived on 1/12/17.
- “Beyond Beall’s List: Better understanding predatory publishers” Article from College & Research Library News
Is the journal indexed in an ISI database?
- Master Journal List for Thomson Scientific Databases - Including Current Contents, Science Citation Index and other ISI (Institute for Scientific Information) products.
What is the journal's impact factor?
- Please contact us for assistance. This information is also available via eCommons.
- DORA From the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment), initiated by the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB), includes other ways to measure impact
Is this journal peer-reviewed (refereed)?
- Peer-Reviewed/Refereed Journals in PubMed - Fact sheet from the NLM.
- Peer-Reviewed Journals in CINAHL - The coverage list may be viewed in PDF, Excel, or HTML format
What other journals have published articles on my topic?
- Journal/Author Name Estimator From the BioSemantics Group at Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam. Enter the title and/or abstract of your paper in the search box.
What is the correct abbreviation for the journal title?
- Journal Abbreviation Sources - From Iowa State University Library. A registry of web resources that list or provide access to the full title of journal abbreviations. Includes medicine, chemistry, physics, and other fields in the sciences.
What if NLM cites my article incorrectly?
What are "case reports" journals?
- New journals for publishing medical case reports - From the Journal of the Medical Library Association, 2016