Import EndNote Library
To import references from an existing EndNote account into QUOSA, first you'll have to export them out of EndNote.
- Open EndNote, and open the EndNote library you want to export: File > Open > Open Library...
- In EndNote X3 or higher, select Show All Fields in the Styles drop-down menu on the toolbar. Alternatively, select Edit > Output Styles > Show All Fields.
- Go to File > Export...
- In the dialog box that opens, make the following selections:
Give the export file a name.
Save as type: Text File
Output style: Show All Fields
Uncheck "Export Selected References" if you wish to export the entire library.
- Click Save.
Once you've exported the references out of EndNote, now you can import them into QUOSA.
- Open QUOSA.
- Go to File > Import > Citation Manager Archive...
- Browse to and select the text file that was previously created in the EndNote export. [It should be in the same directory where EndNote stores your libraries.]
- Click Next.
- Make sure that QUOSA has found the correct number of citations to import and click Next.
- You're then prompted to select the corresponding EndNote library. Browse to and select the library (.enl file) that the references were exported from.
- Click Start Import.
- QUOSA will import the citations and retrieve as many full-text articles as possible to a folder in My Searches.
Export Citations to EndNote
To export article references from one of your QUOSA searches or folders, first you'll have to select EndNote as your preferred citation manager:
From the QUOSA main menu, go to Settings > Citation Manager > Select Citation Manager > EndNote.
- Open EndNote software.
- If you have more than one EndNote library, go to Edit > Preferences > Libraries, and change the "When EndNote starts:" setting to Prompt to select a library.
- In QUOSA, select the references you want to export and click the To Citations icon in the QUOSA toolbar.
- If you have more than one EndNote library, and you set your EndNote preferences as instructed above, you'll be prompted to select the EndNote library where you want to save the references.
- If you have only one EndNote library, the references will be automatically saved there.