1. Launch EndNote. Create a new EndNote library or open an existing EndNote library. If you would like to organize your references into groups (EndNote's equivalent of folders), you may create groups at this time.
2. Click the Import icon in the top toolbar.
3. Click Choose.. to open a file browser window. Select the file you exported from RefWorks and click Open.
4. From the Import Option dropdown menu, select Reference Manager (RIS). Click Import.
5. Your citations are now imported into EndNote. If you would like to place these citations into a group, proceed to step 6.
6. Select all of the imported references by left clicking on any reference in the Imported References group and then pressing CTRL-A on your keyboard. Right click on the selected references and choose Add References To>'Group Name'. Your references should now be in the group you selected.