Check out these pages to see what might be available for free.
RefWorks is a tool for keeping your citations organized and helping you format them in just about any citation style you'll encounter. As an alumni of the Institute you still have access. Get started!
Create an Alumni Account in RefWorks
- Navigate to www.refworks.com/refworks
- In the Remote Access area, enter the current Group Code: RWAlumni and click the Go to Login button.
- On the RefWorks User Login for RefWorks Alumni Site page, click on the Sign Up for an Individual Account link.
- Complete the required information making sure to select the name of the Organization your alumni status is affiliated with in the User Type drop-down.
- Click the Register button when finished. You will be brought into your new, empty RefWorks account.
Partners Password Access
If you have not held onto your Partners username and password, the free and complimentary resources listed in this guide will help you find information to support your work.
Welcome to the MGH Institute of Health Professions Alumni Library Resources page.
If you no longer have your Partners username and password, we are not able to offer you the Treadwell Library resources you used as a student, but our librarians may be helpful to direct you to other sources. We encourage you to stay connected with the Institute and if you have trouble finding what you need, please utilize the Ask a Librarian link on this page.
Use the yellow tabs above to navigate to resources for your profession.
Clinicians who are not associated with university or hospital library tend to rely on these four sources for literature.
- Professional associations - more information on the tabs above
- Current employer - even if your employer does not provide an entire library, they may still have a handful of subscriptions. Ask!
- Public library - you'll be surprised to learn what you can get through your library's online databases and interlibrary loan/document delivery services.
- Boston Public Library - available to all Massachusetts residents; sign up for an eCard now.
- Find your local public library.
Apps for Health Professionals
Director of the Library
Library and Study Commons
Building 38, 4th Floor