Very few testing instruments are given away for free. Treadwell Library's subscription to this database let's you have access to some full-text instruments.
Contains a combination of downloadable instruments and summaries of instruments; summaries will include info about how to acquire the instrument.
Test + Measures Databases
Database of research resources created by the National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology. Full-text links available for free resources, but predominantly pay for access instruments.
Educational Testing Service's database of tests. Full instruments are available for purchase
Finding Tests in the Databases
Finding information about a specific test or instrument in any database (including Google Scholar):
- Type the name of the instrument into the search box.
- If appropriate, uncheck the box for subject mapping:
- Search the database.
Finding information about tests or instruments on a topic:
- Perform a search for your topic.
- Back at the search screen, type Research Instrument into the search box, and select Publication Type in the dropdown menu next to it. Then search.
- Combine the two searches by checking the boxes next to them and clicking on the button Search with AND.
- Performa search for your topic.
- Back at the search screen, click on the button for Additional Limits.
- Select the check box next to Tests & Measures.
- Click the Limit a Search button and take a look at your results.
Director of the Library
Library and Study Commons
Building 38, 4th Floor