Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing data. If you see a "400 Bad Error" message on your browser while searching for research articles, you may need to clear your cookies. Clearing your cookies and cached images and files will free up space in your browser to enable you to continue searching for articles online. After you clear cache and cookies, some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed into an account, you will need to sign in again. Along with the video that the library has created, this LibGuide will teach you how to clear your cookies in each browser.
2. Click History.
3. Click Clear browsing data.
4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes. Click Clear data.
1. In the Safari web browser, choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy.
2. Click Websites on the icon bar, then click Manage Website data.
3. Select one or more websites, then click Remove or Remove all.
For more information on how to clear cookies in Safari, visit this link
1. Click the menu button and select Preferences.
2. Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
3. Click the Clear Data... button. The Clear Data dialog box will appear. Cookies and Site data and Cached Web Content should both be checked.
4. Click Clear.
For more information on how to clear cookies in Firefox, visit this link.
For more information on how to clear cookies in Internet Explorer, visit this link.